Wednesday 24 February 2010

7Sins Sweet packaging

Presentation boards







Context:

Final packaging:

























More test pieces:

I have re- designed the packaging so that the photos are the focal point, and by enlarging them across the packaging I think the appearance looks more successful.





Although I liked the feel of the previous designs, for sweet packaging the colours and overall 'feel' needs to be brighter and more in keeping with showing off the sweet element, and 'tempting' sins.
The below test piece improved on the emphasis on the sweets and incorporates brighter colours but still doesn't look right. I think it will be best to change the shape so that images can go all the way around (not just front & back). I am going to simplify the shape into a rectangle with 'tuck in' seal rather than the original sealing tab.



I've re-taken all the photos for this brief using a macro lens and transferred these onto the packaging. I also chose a thinner, more appropriate matt stock for the packaging. Below are the final set.















These are the second mock up of the packaging sets.. The stock used is too thick and therefore doesn't fold very well. The colour is also not as bright as it should be so I need to find a more appropriate stock.




No comments:

Post a Comment